Sunday, July 6, 2014

What do you mean I have a choice besides disposable?

My 30th birthday has arrived and with it the 18th anniversary of my menarcheMy period is officially a high school graduate.  When did this happen?!?  It seems like yesterday I gazed down into my underwear to see my crimson gift into womanhood.  I was an early bloomer and remember navigating the elementary halls in my overnight pad because I didn't know any better. My school gave us the 'the talk' of what was to come and a few sample pads.  Including the 2 foot overnight pad.  OK it wasn't that big, but it was awful.  But what choice did I have?  It was all I had and knew!

Flash forward to today and I had this period business down.  Pantyliners everyday, Always ultra thin maxis during menses with the occasional O.B. tampon thrown in for good measure.  There had to be a better way! 

I stumbled across the world of cloth pads when someone recommended a menstrual cup.  That wasn't quite my 'thing', but that same site also carried cloth.  I was intrigued.  You mean there is another way?  I did my research and became very overwhelmed very fast just like I was 18 years ago.  I found youTube videos on starting a 'stash' and cleaning, but nothing to teach me what to do from the beginning.

This is how this blog was born.  I want to document my journey and figure this out so that others will have the information to make a better transition.  So strap on in and hold on tight!  I'm going to share my highs, lows and utter failures during this all for your enjoyment.  So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment