Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Where do I get these things from?



Let’s discuss how to buy these products.


  1.  Make them yourself.  You can find plenty of How-Tos or Tutorial information out on the internet.  While I’m a crafty person, I’m lacking in the sewing department so this is not even an option for me.
  2.  Buy them at a retail store.  I live about an hour away from a major city, so I have slim pickings for these types of things.  Add the fact that with gas prices the way they are, I’m trying to avoid traveling all together.
  3. Order them online.  This seems to be how most cloth wearing mamas are going about it these days.  Until this becomes more mainstream, going this route is going to give you more options than any store could.


If you Google ‘cloth pads companies’ you’re going to be bombarded with words like New Moon, Lunapads, Just Fussy, Mama Cloth, GladRags and Party in my Pants.  Who knew there were so many online choices?  Better yet, go onto Etsy and search 'cloth pads'.  You’re going to get even more options!

Online companies seem to be comprised of two types of groups.  There are the Work From Home Moms (WFHM) who started making cloth pads themselves and then started selling them through vendors like Etsy or eBay.  Then you have the bigger companies who have been at this awhile and usually have someone else making the cloth pads.  Many companies started out as WFHM operations and expanded as demand for their products grew.

Trying out cloth pads can get very expensive very quickly.  With so many companies out there its hard to decide which ones to put your faith into.  I suggest reading as many blogs, reviews and watching as many YouTube video reviews as you can.

My decision was to go with a company instead of a WFHM.  While WFHMs products are cheaper, I wanted a product I felt had its kinks worked out.  I also figured if a product was able to have a whole company behind it, sales must be good due to how great the product was.

Based off the reviews and my own personal needs I have chosen to try three companies’ products out because they each make such a drastically different cloth pads.


My game plan is now to figure out what to order…

No comments:

Post a Comment